The Athletic Department will communicate updates through MHS Daily Bulletin,
Morning Announcements (While School is in Session) our Coaches, and your child's Canvas page.
Important 2021 Fall & Summer Practices
Athletic Registration Information
Morristown High School
- FALL SPORTS & SUMMER PRACTICE REQUIRES MEDICAL CLEARANCE: In order for your child to participate in MHS summer practices, your child needs to have medical clearance. All medical forms need to be turned in no later than Wednesday, June 16th by 11:30 AM. The last day in the office for our nurses and athletic trainers will be on Thursday, June 17th. We will not have anyone clearing athletes for medical paperwork from June 18th -August 2nd.
- The Athletic Office & Security Desk can not accept any medical/sports paperwork. Please bring in your paperwork when our nurses return on August 2nd and August 3rd. The nurses will be collecting medical/sports forms on August 2nd and August 3rd from 9:00 AM -1:00 PM in our cafeteria.
- Athletic registration is always done in two parts: First part of registration is the medical/physical forms AND the second part of the registration is the online athletic registration (which includes the impact test. Impact test is good for 2 years).
Please visit to our Athletic Registration website for more information on how to register. Please click HERE to direct you to our Athletic Registration website.
Please note that the athletic approval process can take 2 to 3 weeks from the time it’s turned in, therefore, there is s STRONG chance that your blue card will not be approved and ready in time for your tryouts.
"Incoming Freshmen planning on participating in Fall Sports at MHS -
we strongly encourage you to email the head coach at MHS so you can be added to their email distribution list for summer practices."
Please click HERE for our coaches email directory.
Athletes, please make sure you are checking your athletic approval status on your canvas page under “blue card” to see where you are in the athletic approval process. Only athletes with msdk12.net Gmail accounts have access to this spreadsheet.
- Athletic Registration is required for Each Athletic Season.
- The registration process can take 2 to 3 weeks from the time you hand in the paperwork until the time you are cleared.
- Please note (Part 1-Medical clearance) initiates the athlete’s name on the blue card spreadsheet. If Part 1 is NOT completed the athlete’s name WILL NOT appear on the blue card/approval spreadsheet. If you have submitted paperwork to our nurse's office and your name still does not appear on the blue card spreadsheet please contact our nurses at 973-292-2000 ext. 2125
- Please register your child for only ONE sport.
- Please make sure your child's impact test has been taken is within the last two years. Impact Test
Registration Always Requires
Medical Clearance (Part 1) Parents/Athletes, Please Read ALL Medical Information Carefully Before Going to Part 2. Even if you already turned in medical paperwork for another sport (read below)
Online Athletic Registration (Part 2) this includes making sure the Impact test has been updated within the last two years.
Please direct any questions regarding the Health/Medical forms directly to our school nurses at 973-292-2000 ext. 2125
Each season requires medical clearance, so if your physical is within one year (within the start of sport/season) please complete Health Form #3 "Health History Update Questionnaire" along with Opioid Sign Off Sheet form.
Medical forms CAN NOT be mailed, emailed or faxed. These forms must be dropped off to our nurses office. Student that are virtual can drop off medical paperwork at our security desk between 7:30am - 3:00pm Monday-Friday. These forms CAN NOT be dropped off in the Athletic Office.
If your child is already scheduled for a physical with their doctor, please proceed with your appointment.
If you want to schedule your sport physical appointment with our doctors, please contact Atlantic Health at 973-971-6290 directly. They are located at 111 Madison Ave. Suite 408 Morristown, NJ. Please fill out this permission slip if your son/daughter will be going without a guardian for their physical. ASH CANNOT see athletes without a parent if they do not have this form filled out.
Health Forms You must submit one of the following forms to the Nurses office.
Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation / History & Clearance Form Please submit this form (Along with the Opioid Sign off Form) Must be completed by a physician (Good for one year within the start of sport/season)
Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation / History & Clearance Form (Spanish Version) Must be completed by a physician (Good for one year within the start of sport/season)
Health History Update Questionnaire Form: Please submit this form (Along with the Opioid Sign off Form) if the physical exam is less than one year from the starting date of the sport. The Physical must have been approved by our school doctor. Please make sure this form is signed and dated.
Action Plans: If your son or daughter has ever been diagnosed with any of the following medical conditions, please have the examing physician complete the forms and make sure you attach to your physical paperwork:
- Allergy Action Plan
Covid Clearance Form - THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT AND SUBMITTED IF YOU SON OR DAUGHTER HAD COVID.
Opioid Fact Sheet: Please read and keep the fact sheet for your records
- Opioid Use and Misuse Educational Fact Sheet
Please complete Opioid sign off: Return this sign off sheet along with your Health PPE Forms OR your Health History Update Questionnaire Form
Contact Information Form for the Health Office: Contact info Form- Please complete this parent and student contact from our Health office.
Please Note: *The Athletic Registration is not complete without medical clearance*
Direct Any Questions to Athletic Office for the registration portion.
The athletic registration needs to be completed by a parent/guardian AND student together.
Please complete only asterisk (*) sections.
Please DO NOT CREATE another account.
The system WILL NOT accept duplicate accounts.
You must go back as a returning user.
The electronic registration keeps your information recorded for later seasons.
Please log back into your account as a "returning user-login here" and click on the Register tab,
Click on your child's name and then select the sport and click submit (SELECT ONLY ONE SPORT PER SEASON)
Once your registration is complete you will receive a confirmation
New Users: FIRST TIME sign in as a New User.
Please log in as a "new user-create an account" and complete the form.
Please make sure at the end of the process you create a username and password this is the final step in the registration. If the final step is missed your registration will not be processed.
Once your registration is complete, you will receive a confirmation.
All athletes should check their Athletic Approval Process in the Blue Card module. Please look for the “Blue Card Spreadsheet” on your class page in Canvas.
New students that do not have access to Canvas can check-in directly with the Head Coach.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED Part 1 (MEDICAL PAPERWORK)
Now click on the icon below to register for our High School Sport.
If you have questions or need assistance with the registration, please address it to: